Friday, October 27, 2006

Christian Caregiving

As I madly struggle to get all my homework done this week for the course I have been doing, this statement stood out, as it describes so much of what we should be doing- all Christians everywhere! It's taking that two handed approach, of sharing the word, and showing it with our actions.



Caring Is Evangelism
But holistic caring is always evangelistic. Caring for another person involves meeting the needs of that whole person. Through actions of love, God reaches down and touches people with his power. His healing activity can renew all aspects of an individual's life. I am wrong if I try to limit God to what I might define as "spiritual." My caring provides a channel through which God's love can flow. My words and actions of love concretely demonstrate the Good News. By Kenneth Haugk


This is taken from some of the readings I have been doing from the Stephen's Ministry course

Bring it on:)

No comments: