Saturday, January 06, 2007

My Christmas Present to Jesus…

Every Christmas day, we celebrate in a special kind of way. We all gather together in the morning, brunch, coffee, and various yummy foods are prepared and brought out, and the family here gather together for a time of celebration, and of sharing birthday presents that we are each going to give to Jesus.

Now how does one do that, I hear you say?!:)

Well, it’s not as hard as it sounds, and every year, seems to get more special and turns into something that really blesses us in turn!

We start a while before, and usually look at the year that’s been and think about something special, something unique that only we can give to Jesus. It can be a song, reading something from the bible, a gift of something, something like, our heart, our whole lives, our Hope, our heart for something in particular, it really doesn’t matter WHAT it is, what matters is that it is something personal, precious that you would like to give back to Jesus!

What did I give this year?? I have been thinking over the last year, and what I gave Jesus last year. It was my strength and courage. I don’t have much, but it was his to use as he like, and he really did, and looking back, I really can see it!

As I walk into the New Year, I have realised that I am starting many new and unknown things- new job, new ministry, church, and who knows what else, so wanted to give back to God all my footsteps, every step I take, wherever that may be. As a reminder to me, though of that gift, I bought a new pair of work shoes to remind me of that gift as I wear them.

Even a week after the year has begun, new turns have taken place, so who know where this gift, and these shoes will take me:)

2 comments:

pip said...

Strength & courage....nice pressie!
I still keep this tradition of giving a gift to Jesus every year at Christmas.(Then on my birthday I ask for a God for gift for the coming year.)
These moments help me to focus on the giver of all good things. To Him I am continually indebted.

Anonymous said...

Hey Maria, I have loved your recent entries on your blog. Thank you for taking the time to share your lessons, struggles, joys and life. It is a real honour to share life with you!