Friday, December 18, 2009

Love in action...

I have been thinking about the passage in 1 Corinthians 13, well, all year, in different contexts now. It continues to come up in different ways, and different aspects have been highlighted to me as I have journeyed through this year.

More recently, I have been reminded and challenged by the challenge, that without love we are nothing, just a clanging bell. That love is in action, an excercise in restraint, and pro-activity.

Last week, I watched the I Heart movie with a friend, which was so refreshing and eye opening- there was much to think through and review. But as they read through 1 Corinthians 13, the word trust came up again.

Love always trusts. Wow. As part of a whole context, it's easy to slip past it, but that's quite something to feel safe enough to love, but to love and trust, and actively trust people. Now that's a special thing, especially when you don't often get the chance to excercise trust in action, let alone love.

I have been so blessed this week to see it in action this week though, and while it felt like there were times when I didn't excercise that trust to the extent I wanted, there were changes.

It was a special week of love and trust in action and as this week comes to an end, am glad to have learned some good lessons, and very grateful for the love I have seen in action! I continue to have much to learn!!

No comments: