Thursday, May 30, 2013

Seasons and God's promises

What seasons there are! I have been in a season for a good while, and it has been a pretty special one at that. God has shown himself in some pretty awesome ways, there has been lots of words surrounding this time, both from God and others which has been encouraging, challenging, rewarding, and oh so stretching. 

Starting from a year and a half ago, when, meeting with a few different people, I started having the most spectacular car issues- from green steaming goop flying out the bonnet on a very busy street to unexplained car travelling from where I had parked it.... Pretty weird, very strange, unexplainable and well, funny, looking back!:)

In praying alot and wondering what the heck was going on, I had the distinct peace beyond all understanding that I didn't have to go to those meetings anymore, and what a relief that was. God was really clear He had it sorted and in hand, which was a mighty relief!

It was in the months that followed that I started being given the coolest words. I was thinking about it on the way home from work tonight and realised that its been a year since the first of them. I LOVE this word, and it has become a stake for me when things are going well, or really really badly, because in it all, it turns me back and points me hard to Jesus, no matter what, reminds me that I am His, and HE is GOOD! And from there, being reminded of who He is, who I am, in turn has further challenged, confirmed, and given freedom in being able to love and treat others for who they are, whether or not they know Jesus. I get to have some pretty fun chats with people nowadays with people who only know Jesus through me, which is additionally challenging and rewarding!

I love how God speaks to us, and gives us ears to hear. Am so glad that His Word is true and can be trusted, that his still small voice, in whichever way He chooses brings peace, life, wholeness, restoration. In so much too, the words have often seemed too foreign to be true-- too far removed from reality, and then there's time when reality moves so much further from where it seems possible that reality and Gods words and promises could possibly meet in this lifetime, and yet God is faithful and true, it's Him that can be trusted no matter what is going on in me or others around me. And his promises, no matter what, aren't empty.

I was struck recently when someone commented too that when you receive a word from God, it's Gods word, and while it might be specifically for me, it might resonate with others too, and vice versa, so I entrust it to you, because it is precious and treasured to me, and has blessed me greatly in so many situations, it has been an anchor and plumb line.

********

I know the plans I have for you. 
I have not forgotten. 
Plans to give you hope and a future. 

I then had that picture of a big oil rig/ massive drill thing and felt like it was a picture of how God wanted you to drill down into his goodness, deeply anchoring you and increasing your faith. 

A reminder to not give up. And also that He was the power behind the drilling too. So you can press into Him and trust Him for the rest. 

Don't be distracted by circumstance but hold tightly to the truth that HE IS GOOD. 

Also - she is no fool who puts her faith in a mighty king. Don't be afraid to believe and look foolish in the worlds eyes. 


****

No comments: