Thursday, August 08, 2013

Head space


I have a whole 16 hours of space, free time (sleep included;) before I have to go to a conference. Still have jobs to do, but wow. Space. Not just any old space, but head space.

The last while has been full, of so many things, and all good, but has left no head space. I was walking up to the shops this morning- coffee, croissant, final (I hope!) supplies for the conference, and generally take in weekday Katoomba, and felt like the fog was lifting, suddenly there was more to see, more space to take it in and savour it, and to see a bit beyond what is taking up so much space right now. I can breath again.

A few weeks ago I heard a talk on self care, and it was helpful to think about what feeds my soul, whether I have a lot or a little time, or opportunity to spend time with friends.

I am glad that after this weekend things should calm down a bit, though it won't look like it for a bit yet, but it's coming:)

So, time to start planning in some space, or soul restoring things into that space. And keep some head space clear for dreaming, savouring, playing;)

No comments: