Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Splinter....

I was sitting, working away tonight, and scratched the side of my foot.. then realized there was a huge splinter in it! There was a bit of pulling and tugging, and finally, it came out. It was a reasonably big one though, and lodged in very firmly!

I was reminded of the passage about noting a speck in someone's eye without doing anything about the log in my own. There are some people I am likely to challenge in their thinking... and question why they come to think that way, when I have a different opinion(yes, I like a good discussion, and understanding where people are coming from, though there are times...!:)). But I wondered too, how often do I gloss over any 'logs' that might be in my eye.. if I don't see them, they mustn't be there, right? How often do I have wrong attitudes that should change, or act in a way that isn't how I should behave in situations. In many ways I want to say, yes, I am perfect, correct, and everyone else is wrong, but I KNOW that's not the case... but that brings me to realize that I am unfinished business. I like having things sorted, and clear. I DO NOT like unknown situations(as I have been reminded of in so many ways this last week!), and want to get it all sorted.. now!

I am also not very patient when I could be doing something about something that needs dealing with.... ahh the dilemmas of life! We are all works, masterpieces, of God's, in progress!

No comments: