Saturday, March 22, 2008

Words, words, words!

Well, as the saying goes.... Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me! How wrong that is! Isn't it amazing how powerful words are, and how important it is to speak out encouragement, to affirm, and bless. It is in the daily practice of being steady, constant, and clear that we get our point across.

I was struck again the other night by how powerful our words are to each other, they can cause so much blessing, and equally so much damage! There are days when I don't say things quite the way I want, or don't say anything at all(I am more used to listening than speaking), or you misunderstand, or plain mis-interpret! Then there are the times when things just need to be spoken out- I am soooo often reminded that silence is just silence, and alot can be read into silence, depending on someone perspective on a situation.

I am so glad we have the bible (yet again!), and that we can trust and rely on it completely, in all situations!

No comments: