Friday, September 02, 2011

The real thing

I was talking to 'some people' last week about what I am doing now, and what's next. It's my last subject of my masters degree. I did a masters. The least intelligent of my family. The one most likely to fail, with least potential. The one who didn't really have anything of value to share. The comment was 'well, you will get a real job then...'. What have all my other jobs been??? What is the job I am doing????? And if that's what was, how is it that this won't be put into the same category as the last ones?

I struggle with the confidence to do life, relationships, and this thing I am trying to do. Struggle that there's more than enough people to say 'you can't' when all we need, ever, is to know that we can. There has been more times than not, recently when I have not sought out the Voice that has got me safe this far, that has kept me going and need to find it again. I need to choose again. Take stock once again of the next season and not let 'life' or others choose for me.

I am so glad there's enough choice, people, love, forgiveness, relationship for all. God is one of abundant love, who loves us best, who says yes, we are his favorite. Pretty cool, huh?!

No comments: