Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Painfully beautiful

I have a friend who plays the trumpet in a way that is just painfully beautiful(i.e. so beautiful it almost hurts!), which had started me thinking on the topic of things that are painfully beautiful, so beautiful it almost hurts!

I went to a funeral this evening of a friend of friends, it was tonight, when all the Stephen Ministry team meet together, however a close friend of many here had died suddenly, I didn't know him, but he was young. The music was painfully beautiful, the whole service was painfully beautiful, an incredible dedication to this amazing man of God who served and loved God in all he did.

One verse that was shared that baffles me, and continues to baffle me, in context, and out of context is this one. And yes, while I don't know why it is there I agree with the author's sentiments- I don't understand either!

There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand: the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a maiden. Proverbs 30: 18-19

I am glad God's ways and thoughts are so much higher than ours!

No comments: