Friday, September 05, 2008

A new God- willed heart..:)

Ezekial 36: 24-28 "'For here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to take you out of these countries, gather you from all over, and bring you back to your own land. I'll pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I'll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I'll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that's God-willed, not self-willed. I'll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands. You'll once again live in the land I gave your ancestors. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!

How beautiful is this passage, and the promise it contains..! I love the picture of the water cleansing us, and the picture of a stone heart, being replace with a heart that's God-willed.. not self willed! What a wonerful gift!

This is something that has come up in a few contexts over the last few days, and so many passages have since come to mind, as well as topics, thoughts and ideas...

The main one that has really struck me, is the story of the woman at the well who meets Jesus. We all seek answers, happiness, satisfaction in something, but here, Jesus recognises the thirst this woman has, who is seeking Life in things that ultimately don't satisfy, because they aren't found in a walk/adventure/journey/relationship with Jesus.

Ahh... to drink deeply again of that living water, and not be distracted by other wells of water that just don't satisfy.....

No comments: