Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Random things to miss....

I have found, in the months since I have been in HK, that there are things that I have missed! Now, some of them I expected- missing my friends, the kids, community, missing doing the kind of work we did and knowing it was important and made a difference... I missed the food, and times with friends, the seasons, the weather (yes, even that!).... one thing I kinda questioned when I left... and then dismissed was whether I would miss my stapler or not..! I thought that was a rediculous thing to miss, yet at the same time, I used it often every day for over 5 years in my job, so much so that I had 2 on my desk so others wouldn't have to wait for me to finish, and vice versa... and they have staplers in Aus.... right???


Anyway..... as I have settled back into life and college here, I have indeed missed it...I have hunted for a replacement.... but none were as good...so finally asked for the details of the one I missed so I could hopefully buy a new one of the same brand... to little avail. So, in the end the wonderful TLR came to the rescue and found me one, same colour and everything! So all is well again, I can work again to my hearts content knowing I have a stapler that will help me on my way:)





No comments: