Sunday, November 09, 2008

Theming environments!

Something really cool happened today, which was really encouraging to me! Well, lots of fun things have been happening, but this really stuck out!:)

You may have gleaned that I have moved recently, and most of my time has been spent just dealing with the daily necessities of life, like living and college! Anyway, I was at Ikea this morning enjoying the HKness of it all(not HK at all, just lots of good HK memories) and realised that... I have a theme for my new room! It's actually almost finished, but I just didn't realise it was happening! Essentially, it is Spring, and all that it holds. I haven't quite thought it through yet, but have realised that all the things I brought back from HK, and all I had already, and what I have actually kept out, are all based around that theme in general!

It's still a work in progress though, so no photos yet, but I did get a cherry blossom lamp from Ikea today, and a wooden kitchen trolley for my printer, and current text books that are in use, oh, and an awesome little step ladder for a bedside table (which was sooo not Ikea, yet, I couldn't resist! It was old and marked, and 60% off, and will be fab with a coat of paint!).

Still more assignments to do though, so will try and be restrained till after then:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring is far and away my favourite season :-) And blossoms are one of the best things about Spring! I always knew it was nearly my birthday growing up because the plum blossoms in our mini orchard would be starting to appear. So beautiful.

Miwa in HK said...

Awesome:) yeah, it's a good one! Off to buy some spring green paint for the new bits soon! One of the things I got from Ikea was an old dodgy looking little step ladder... I couldn't beleive it was there, but will be awesome painted, as a bedside table:) It's the right height and everything:)