Monday, April 27, 2009

Some joy

I have spent quite a bit of time recently, thinking about Love in its various forms. But this post isn't about love. I have since gone on to reading an awesome book, called The Happy Intercessor, by Beni Johnson- it was brilliant, and while I have just finished it, I would love to read it again! It is about joy, and the power of joy in our lives, so, while I haven't quite left love behind(!), I have been thinking about joy more recently. I came across this poem a couple of nights ago, and how special it is. Enjoy!

LAUGHTER CAME FROM EVERY BRICK


Just these two words He spoke
changed my life,
"Enjoy Me."

What a burden I thought I was to carry -
a crucifix, as did He.

Love once said to me, "I know a song,
would you like to hear it?"

And laughter came from every brick in the street
and from every pore
in the sky.

After a night of prayer, He
changed my life when
He sang,

"Enjoy Me."

- Teresa of Avila

No comments: