Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Becoming seperate

I have been thinking lately about people and relationships of their different sorts, whatever they may be, and how we impact each other, whether we think we do, or not. We don't often notice how much we influence each other, in positive or negative ways(and here, I am just talking about positive ways), and life is well, lived. It's when we are removed from them in some way, either by circumstances, changes of locations, or seasons finishing(like when you do a course together or something), that we can notice how much others have meant to you.

When I left Hong Kong, I knew I had been changed by that time there, because of the amazing people, the amount of time I had been there, and the life I had lived there, and coming back, I continue to remember that time, and hold on to the lessons learned. And as I continue to 'be here' I am seeing how people effect other people- especially living with a family with 3 little ones, and seeing the impact, both positive and negative of having someone else living in their family. I have been thinking about one friend, and looking reflecting on the good in it all, and being surprised again by how God uses people to highlight things, or bring about change. In this case it's something I never would have dreamt I might be able to do, and right now it's still not a reality, but it seems to fast becomming somethink I will indeed do... which is super scary, impossible and exciting at the same time!!

And as always, the Bible has something to say accordingly!! So, Proverbs 27: 17 says "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another", so I am left feeling so grateful for the people, past, present, future, whether friends for a reason, season or lifetime, what precious people they are!!

No comments: