Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fear

One friend has written today that she did the thing she feared most, and yes, it's still the most feared thing. Another friend has written today, 'do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it... that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear'. This weekend I have been thinking about things I fear, and the things that stop my from doing what I think I should be doing, or would just really enjoy doing (and on a side note- why DID I say yes to the thing I wanted to say no to, and no to the thing I wanted to say yes to? Glad I don't do that that often... and yet I wonder...., but that's an entirely different topic!).

So, in all this thinking and writing about fear... I, like my friends, I imagine, don't want to be stuck fearing whatever it is we fear... so turn once again to God's perspective.....

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18. It's such a great verse, and such a clear reminder- showing up the lies the are within fear.

Tonight at church too, we are going through Genesis, and were hearing about rainbows, and the covenant that rainbows represent- that God won't destroy us, he loves us, and has compassion. He has made promises to us and he won't break them, even though they may not look the way we want them too! Nice too that here there has been lots of rainbows recently!

God is good!

No comments: