Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fully Alive

Fully Alive

I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fearof falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible,
to loosen my heartuntil it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance;
to live so that which came to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom
and that which came to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.

- Dawna Markova


One of my lecturers shared this with the class this week, and it was so evocative of many things I have been thinking through this year. The picture of a bird soaring on the wind has been one that continues to come back to me, and this poem reminded me of that, and much more. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think about inquiring your normal dental professional about dentistry sealants. Often cleaning just isn't enough. A dental sealant is really a safety coating that moves across the areas of your tooth employed to chew food. These are often set over again molars and can be quite useful when you are preventing cavities. Spidfdbs4ny