Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Personality Testing

I have been doing a lot of personality tests for one of my assignments over the last few weeks, so thought I would share them with you. Some were helpful, others gave a list of letters and descriptions, but the one that I though was best was the one we had to compare the rest to- the RHETI- an enneagram.

Anyway, here are the websites, so if you feel like it, take a look and see how you go. The first three use the Myers Briggs score outcome, whereas the Enneagram has a different set of descriptors.

First up is the Socionics test, which is a list of questions.

The Keirsey test is one where you have to choose 60-90 words that best describe you, then best describe what you are not. An interesting one.

There is the Myers Briggs test (there is one going around on Face book at the moment)

And then there is the Enneagram! There is a short version on the website, but I have the book of the longer official version. I did try the short one, and it was fairly close. This is the one I preferred as it gives an idea of who you are, who you are at your best, and not so best, when you are angry, and gives some direction of where you can potentially go from there- it’s much more transitional and growth oriented which I found helpful. Let me know what you think:)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

pip said...

Hi Maria-
Just wondering, which book about the Enneagram did you read (I read & liked the one by Richard Rohr)... so do I get to guess your number? or your MBTI?

Miwa in HK said...

haha! Sure, go ahead and guess:) I am still trying to work out all the letters and what on earth they mean:) We had to compare it to the Riso Hudson Enneagram, they are all based on the same thing, but that's the most researched and developed, I think... Anyway, see how you go with it all:) Hope all is well- looking forward to hearing about those pics on your blog:)