Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Those foolishnesses

Many many years ago I did something fairly out of the box for me. I remember where I was, the people there, but most of all, I felt exposed, foolish and everything I wanted to hide away so much was on the outside rather than hidden away from the view of anyone. I can still 'feel' how I felt so clearly!!

Anyway, recently the fruit of that action was mentioned in a conversation- and I am talking nearly 10 years on. I am so glad the foolishness I felt is far outweighed by the blessing that has been given!

So often I don't understand the big picture, where I should invest my time, care, energy. There's no explaining why I care, or how I care and yet it's a gift given and is what is in my hands now, and best when given away. I don't understand why I feel so sure of some things with a beyond reason clarity about an enormously positive outcome while for others I don't, but there it is! It sure changes the way I pray about those things though- no matter how naive I am feeling!


There's a quote that makes the rounds periodically about being faithful in the little things, because looking back they often turn out to be the big things... And I guess they might be right!


No comments: