Sunday, August 20, 2006

Do some things make you cry? Some things really make me cry- yup there are the 'normal' things that are sad, or emotive, but then there are random things, when laughing, or other expressions of joy just aren't enough! Other times there just isn't any explanation! Once I even cried when a wonderful friend called to say they were getting married- great big tears of joy!:)

I have a song that makes me cry every time! I love it, and wouldn't ever want to stop singing it, but every time! It makes me cry! Some years ago, a friend requested that a large group of us sing it...to each other! Now, they are some truly powerful words when you think about it, and something super challenging in being each others servant, no matter what the person and circumstance! So I guess I will continue to sing, and cry at strange time, and remember my cool friend who first reminded me that we should be servants of Christ to each other!



Brother Let Me Be Your Servant

Brother let me be your servant
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I might have the grace to
Let you be my servant too

We are pilgrims on a journey
We are brothers on the road
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load

I will hold the Christ-light for you
In the night-time of your fear
I will hold my hand out to you
Speak the truth you long to hear

I will weep when you are weeping
When you laugh I’ll laugh with you
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we’ve seen this journey through

When we sing to God in heaven
We shall find such harmony
Born of all we’ve known together
Of Christ’s love and agony

Brother, let me be your servant
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I might have to grace to
Let you be my servant too

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maria, Its such a good song! We had it at our wedding and I remember when our friend shared that at a mtg I went to.
lots of love!

KT said...

Yeah...gets me every time too! I just can't do the whole 'look at other people while singing this song' thing. I used to cry when we sang it before, when I wasn't even trying to look at other people!

:)