Friday, August 11, 2006

Yesterday morning I found myself asking…. What on earth am I doing here?!

This morning I sat looking at the photo below and again asked myself the same question…



This my gorgeous niece, Evie- growing up very quickly!:)

I was then reminded of something I read yesterday morning before the day began, before the drama’s, the unexpected, the precious conversations with people saying “I want to bring my students here so much as there is no place like this anywhere else”, Or people organising evenings to opens the imaginations and eyes of people who have never seen what it might be like in another person’s shoes,let alone the traps that poverty bring; before all the coffee runs, the drinks with friends, the lovely conversations with current housemates and special text messages, before I discovered the precious gift of 2 rosebuds on one of the plants in my garden late last night…



It reads:
Look at God’s incredible waste of His saints, according to the world’s judgment. God seems to plant His saints in the most useless places. And then we say, "God intends for me to be here because I am so useful to Him." Yet Jesus never measured His life by how or where He was of the greatest use. God places His saints where they will bring the most glory to Him, and we are totally incapable of judging where that may be. (My Utmost for his Highest, August 10, Oswald Chambers)


Oh to bring him Glory in each day, moment and random conversation!

No comments: