Wednesday, August 16, 2006

This weekend has been one of great thanksgiving, starting with the sermon at Church on Sunday, entitled "Thanksgiving: the only way to live"

We were taken through Psalm 100, and Colossians 3:15-17.

Two comments that the visiting Speaker made are as follows:
If I can't give thanks for all I have been given, how can God give anything else?

The Tourist demands.... the pilgrim gives thanks...

The weekend that followed was one of giving thanks, for so many things!

At one stage I was given some news, and for a while the implications didn't really hit home, but all at once, I realised that it was an amazing answer to a prayer I have prayed often in recent months! I realised that I have picked up this prayer, turned it over in my hand, prayed it, then put it down till the next time I picked it up, and while I expected it to be answered in some way, I was in awe of the way it was answered.

My first reaction to the news that shock(good shock!) and surprise... then the joy and awe came that a pray that I have prayed for so long....was heard, acted on, answered, in the most perfect way!!!

What an awesome God we have!

No comments: