Thursday, February 15, 2007

On being single...

While it isn't always fun and games, and the whole world, including oneself seems to have the expecatation that 'being married is best', being single really has it's advantages too!

- I have been able to zip around and the things I have needed, and seen the people so far who have been available to see me.

- I have been able to sit down and listen to friends, and hear how they are doing here, several years on.

- I have been able to hang out with their spouses, and kids and have some awesome time getting to know them in a whole new way!

- Time with the kids has been awesome! I am loving being a part of these precious people's lives in this way!

As a long time single person, it can be easy to put marriage and family on a pedestal rather easily, and it has been wonderful to see the reality of it lived out in all its ups and downs, ins and outs. While it certainly hasn't put me off, if God wants, it has really made it a far richer picture for me, and cemented the certainty that God has me where he wants, when he wants, and how he wants and I am happy to stay right there for as long as he would have me!

For now though, and while I am in Aus, I am loving seeing all these beautiful families and friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, very precious comments! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Maria,
Good thoughts! Being single also makes things much cheaper bc you only have to pay for one. =) Thats so helpful when travelling as you are doing!

Rev Phil said...

I don't know Mewa, we always seem to get to see everyone and there are 2 of us.