Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New years resolutions...

We don't make New Years Resolutions here, rather we look back on the last year, and look towards the new year, writing them on either side of a stone, to take away with us, into the new year, as a Stone of Remembrance.

This gives us something tangible to refer to as go move into the year, that we can be reminded of God's love, care, faithfulness to each of us personally no matter what is going on.

I was thinking about the week ahead, and all the things that will have to be done, need to be done, and that I would like to see. There are new people arriving, people who I have got time with, and people I don't have enough time with.

There just isn't enough time to do all I would like or need to do this week, and I am plain tired, just thinking about it:)

Looking at this stone in my lap though, I can see all the things I was looking forward too, such an amazing year of hope and promise in sooo many different ways! Much has happened since then, and much has happened really differently, doors opened and shut, yet in it all God is great, and has done more amazing things already this year that I could possibly imagine!

So it is with that assurance that I think I can probably trust him with this week and the coming weeks and all they hold, knowing that his plan is always going to be the best:)

1 comment:

pip said...

A great perspective. I really like the stone of remembrance idea.