Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Dessert Pasta

Huh..? I hear you all wonder???

Well...:) I was given a pasta machine over the weekend, and couldn't wait till next weekend to use it, so, as I was cooking a dessert tonight, I decided to branch out into Dessert pasta! I had never heard of this, but a friend had... and it made sense.. you can make British dumplings, crepes- which are great, savory or sweet. So why not pasta too!

So, ours tonight was stracci (rolled out pasta, cut into random shapes), Fair trade maple syrup, and fresh bananas, and for a first go, it wasn't too bad at all! The pasta was rather well cooked, and the syrup, yes, runny, but will defiantly see what else I can make!

It also brought to mind something else I have been thinking about recently! I love hanging out with my friends over a meal, and that has been decidedly lacking this year! So, was thinking on this sad state, when I was given the pasta maker.... so hopefully, hopefully it will bring about some change! My mum used to make fresh pasta all the time when I was growing up, and yes, it is dead easy, and sooo much fun to make! So am going to have to start having some pasta nights, as well as having people over again in general. I am not sure when, but do like the idea!!

No comments: