Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Leaving a fragrance

Random events caused me to be thinking about dying the other day. Not what happens after(I know about that one!), but the process of dying. How do we go about the business of dying, of tidying up, and leaving a space behind. Because no matter what, we do leave a space, where we used to be. And while it isn't something the whole world feels, it is felt like those around us.

Now, often we don't have a choice. Things happen, God calls us home, and we go. At other times there is time, illness, something that gives a chance to wrap things up, so to speak.

But whether we have a longer time, or no time at all, we still have the opportunity to leave something behind. Something of God, of a blessing, of sowing into the lives of those around us. I guess, I was left with the question in mind... if I lived in the light of Heaven, and that one day I was going to die, and didn't know when, what would I do now. How would I live now, and how I treat people? How would I invest my life, my time, the gifts that God has given me, the things he has given me for his purposes. How would I be God's light to those around me now.

A few other options came to mind too of how I could live, but they don't seem nearly as fun, enriching, or fragrant, so will see. Anyway, there is hope, and much opportunity to bless, and be that sweet fragrance of God to others!

No comments: