Thursday, April 24, 2008

Gentleness

As part of this time I am having at the moment, I am loving listening to talks by people from all over the world! It is wonderful having the time to ‘take a deep breath’ breathe in what is being shared in different churches and seeing how they all compliment each other, though they are from completely different places. It’s wonderful to see how God’s word works together, that it is real, life giving, our food and drink.

I was thinking about it all though and was challenged particularly by the concept of gentleness. I was listening to a talk earlier today, which really highlighted it for me, in a roundabout way! I mean gentleness in the calm, patient, caring, thoughtful kind of way, not a weak concept at all. It struck me that it could be seen as weak, of not being special or unique, and ‘nothing’, or something not worth anything, but I don’t think it’s that at all.

Being gentle in all things takes great strength, as we seek to stand for what God says in all circumstances, without bowing and being overruled, or going over the top in the other extreme. Philippians 4:4-6 came to mind as did 1 Timothy 6:11-12. Much to think on, and be challenged by, and challenged to live out....!

No comments: