Monday, April 07, 2008

Whiter than the snow....

There's a song we sing sometimes that has the above line in it, and I understood it in a whole new way today!

After a slightly fraught morning, I was getting ready to go to church, then realised I didn't ACTUALLY have to go to church, as I would be going tonight anyway(which was a good thing in the end as it was the same sermon!), so I came out and down for breakfast to see the amazing sight of snow falling on the roof outside! It completely stopped me in my tracks for a few minutes as I watched it falling onto everything outside. Completely silent, completely white, covering everything.

It was such a picture to me of forgiveness, grace, the slate wiped clean, beauty, redemption!

So instead of going to church, instead of staying home and listening to some sermons, I went out on the common (local park), and went for a lovely long walk to enjoy it for as long as it would last, have a coffee in a cafe, and slowly head home. It was an absolute gift, and lovely treat- one that just can't be planned or created. It just is. Like grace, forgiveness, beauty, redemption.

No comments: