Tuesday, December 30, 2008

On the brink of another year...

Well, it's not really the 'actual' brink of the year any more, but this post has been on my mind forming slowly since mid-December...:)

This is the time of year, when we celebrate Jesus' birthday, and all the surrounding events. In recent years, it has been customary to 'give' a gift to Jesus, as an acknowledgment of all he did, that it is a birthday to remember, and celebrate even after all these years! And, following that, we can give, something, symbolic, or otherwise, to him as a continued act of love to him.

Mine, for Christmas 2008 came to me as I was waiting for a friend one afternoon.. actually, in retrsopect, it had started one afternoon when I was at Balmoral, watching a seagull floating in the air- I couldn't believe how weightless it was, and how vunerable it was, at the mercy of the wind blowing whichever way it goes...

So, waiting for my friend, knowing that well, things weren't as they seemed, and life, and relationships were changing... I realised just how vulnerable I was feeling, being in that position of waiting for her, and, well, just not knowing! As I was thinking about how vulnerable I was feeling, I realised how much I try to protect myself from those times.

Anyway, my birthday present to Jesus,is my vulnerability, to trust, be open, be receptive to all that God has in store for the year ahead..... and as part of this new year, He has given me an opportunity to be incredibly vulnerable... so I will keep praying hard, and trusting that God will open the doors he wants to open, and close those that should be shut.... and look forward to seeing how this year unfolds! So far, it's looking pretty exciting! Busy, terrifying, and exciting:)

No comments: