Friday, May 29, 2009

Irrational beliefs

I was given some hand outs this week, as per usua, at college. One though, was a list of 10 Major Irrational Beliefs, as found by A Ellis.

I would post them here, but I don't think they are helpful on their own. Once I read them, and recognised many of them in myself, I was keen to, to see what you all though of these beliefs, but then realised that it might be more helpful to add a counter argument from the Bible. All of them, every one are real, and pervasive in life today, and yet, they are so clearly counter- argued in the Bible!

Anyway, thought I would share. I will probably do the counter arguments much the same as I am writing here... when I am supposed to be writing a very long assignment due next week....!!! Now... where to start....

No comments: