Monday, January 21, 2013

What's not mine

I have had something growing on the back of my head for months now. Couldn't see it, work out what is was, but by the feel of it, I guessed it might be a mole, so not going to do anything about it, figured it was part of me, and going to stay.

Yesterday though, it more or less disintegrated. And, aside from a slight scab, nothing remains. I keep feeling to make sure it's really gone, because it was there for so long, and yup, its really gone.

The baffling thing is that I thought it was a part of me, and yet it was only temporary. It's gone, like so many things that I thought was a part of who I am. I keep remembering, but like a habit, atitude, or form of action, I know I can remember it, but know that I don't have to live like it's still there.

We had baptsisms today at church, a public stand for being IN Christ, and with that comes new creation, identity, new life. We can put down what was and live in what God has planned for us now.

And the other bonus is the people who are around us are on their own journey of being transformed, so it's a constant unfolding and discovery of seeing more of who God has made them to be at the same time.

No comments: