Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Being removed

I was looking at a friends engagement party photos tonight, and it got me thinking...

They are lovely photos, a gathering of people, some friends I know, some I don't, all happily together, surrounded by beautiful gum trees and other familiar bits of Australian landscape, the picnic tables, frisbee, people doing normal picnic things... it was all sooo familiar and known, so much so, I could almost smell the beautiful gum trees!

The thought came to me though- I am so removed from it all! From all that is there, known familiar, loved. I had been thinking about it in a very different context recently, but it struck me afresh tonight 'home', familiar, and normal can mean so many different things!

So for now, I am removed from there, and am well and truly here, and that's just right, and till God says so, this is home, normal and familiar:)

2 comments:

Laura T said...

It is so good to have a landscape that feels like home, and yet that same sense of belonging can tear us so when God desires us elsewhere. But we are world citizens for now and in the new creation there will be no feeling torn, and i hope lots of stunning gum trees.

love ya Maz.

Miwa in HK said...

So true:)
And yup, am looking forward to being Home in Heaven too:) Have loved working through revelation with the kids here and seeing it afresh:)