Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Thoughts on Daniel

The sermon yesterday was on Daniel 2, and has been niggling at me ever since!

There is so much in it, and so much I know I probably wasn't listing to, but I thought I would share a couple that have stuck out:)
One was Nebachadnezza's attitude towards the 'wise men': You have to tell me the dream, AND the interpretation! Now that is a great way to be able to know for sure that what they are telling you is coming from God!

And I love that Daniel has a group of people to pray with, that he's got someone watching his back, supporting, encouraging him, and walking with him, who he can also support, encourage and watch their backs!

But in all of it, the dreams, the interpretation, all the circumstances points to a Heavenly Father leading, directing and orchestrating everything, that all involved can say "Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries..." (Dan 2:47)

Oh, to see again and afresh His hand working so clearly and purposefully, daily, and clearly! May we never tire of it!:)

No comments: