Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Are you listening????

Yesterday, someone listened to me, really, really deeply properly listened to me, didn't interrupt, offer advice, make assumptions, judgments, and it was the most amazing refreshing thing!

I was talking about something that is very close to my heart, and isn't something I could share with many people at all, but I came away immensely blessed and refreshed, released from the burden I had been carrying, and with new insight to the situation! It was a funny thing, because it's not as if no one else listens to me, but this particular moment was an amazing reminder of the amazing power that comes from being listened to!

It certainly challenged me again on the importance of listening to people, and the power, life, freedom and wholeness it brings, by being there, and available.

No comments: