Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Called, or open door...?

Last week was a funny one, but one aspect that made it especially interesting was to see in a new way, the difference being called to do something, and to be given an opportunity... an open door, a wonderful opportunity.

I know many things that I have been specifically called to do, and ways that I know that I am supposed to serve in, however, I realized that while I have been called clearly to do some things, there are others, wonderful things, opportunities where a door has opened, and I have had the choice to walk through and take part, or not. It has been interesting to see, and to see where sometimes, while in places where the call has been, it has been clear and continued, while in places where a door has opened, there are times when that door has closed too.

It has comforting to see that I am called to obedience, to obey the One who has sent me. I am called to listen and to follow God, however, there have been times recently where I see that I have been given wonderful opportunities, however, they may have come to pass up to a point, or they have been a step to something different that God had in store!

God really does work in amazing ways, and it is truly wonderful to be able to trust that he knows what is coming next, even if it is a total bolt out of the blue for us. I guess this is part of boundaries too in what we can, should, and are called and meant to be doing. Something I am going to have to think about a little more is that difference between what God expects, and what others expect of me and my life and how it all fits together:)

But for now, thank God for his wonderful, mysterious plans and purposes!:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria, your post may as well have been stitched together our of conversations I've been having this last week or two. Are you sure you're in Hong Kong rather than here in Seattle spying on me? :)

Anyway, thanks. Encouraging to hear someone else piece this stuff together in their own unique words and perspective.

Miwa in HK said...

Ahhh... thanks Nick! But now I am curious!:) What's happening way over the big blue in Seattle??:) Would love to hear!:)