Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Living authentically

I have continued to ponder the topic of what is real and fake, and more in my case... what's Me, and what's 'The official response'. Sometimes the lines blur, and today I started to really wonder which was which, and where one started and the other stopped!

I want to be truthful and authentic, but there are times when there is an appropriate response to a situation, or event. It's so easy spending so much of my time in work mode to fall into the automatic response which terrifies me!

I want to know that I am being Me, where I am being real, and know that it is me, responding from a place where I care deeply, rather than responding as expected, or required. What would God have..... does He want us with our boundaries, warts and all, all there and truthful? He knows us all, created us all, knows our inmost beings and has a perfect plan for his creations. He doesn't want robots, or auto-pilots for his kids, but there are moments when I think that's what's expected.....

There are certainly times when an appropriate response is needed, but there must be a place too, where we can all be real...

More food for thought to ponder....

No comments: