Thursday, February 26, 2009

Brokenness redeemed

It has been so refreshing to return to college this week- the subjects I am doing are intended to be the first you study (rather than later on for people like me who started in 2nd semester, last year!). They are, therefore, going slightly back to basics for me in many ways, yet so good on that they are reminding my why I am studying it again.

the concept of healing and wholeness has really struck me again- that process of relationship restoration in different contexts. It's a hugely powerful thing- when relationships are whole and complete- within ourselves, with ourselves and God, and with ourselves and others, then things flow smoothly. Life is well. When they aren't though, that's when relationships break down and things fall apart- physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. A mess!

I heard an awesome talk last week, that compared liberty with freedom- that liberty is what we have in the world- it looks like we can do whatever we like, make choices for ourselves. Freedom, on the other hand, comes from living in Right relationship with God, choosing his way ahead of our own wants, and through that, true freedom comes, like we have never known it before.

I love that Luke 10:27 says....He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "

A beautiful picture of wholeness, so simple, yet so challenging!

When I looked those up though, I came across the following... oh, so beautiful! So cos I can, will share:)

Micah 6:8 He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

May God continue to open our eyes to see what is good, to open our ears hear his singing, to calm our bodies to rest in His love, to motivate us to act in response to Him and His love for each one of us:)

No comments: