Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lent

Since becomming a Christian, I have spent some pretty special Easters in amazing ways, whether in England, or Katoomba, or HK. each have added to the special-ness of the season and as each year has gone by, a new layer has been added to the richness and depth of each year, of remembering what Jesus did for each of us.

This year, will be another big step in the process of returning to Sydney, of starting new traditions, and being more settled here. I don't know where I will be or what I will be doing, but I have got as far as thinking about lent.

I was talking to a friend a few weeks ago, about lent, and what we would give up for that time. I started thinking about the things that would be hardest to give up, and thought of one. Then discarded it quickly, thinking yup, too hard... complicated... anyway, events unfolded that it became clear that it seemed right indeed to give up, so after a really rocky start, and slight interruption, it has indeed been given up. It has been much harder, and easier than I thought, but will have to, as always, take each day as it comes.

These are amazing, humbling days, and I look forward to seeing what Jesus does in, and through them...not to mention digging once again into the Gospels.


And briefly, on other news..:) I passed all my subjects from last year, and some, I even did ok in! Sooo relieved! And met someone today who used to live down the road from me in HK- Tsuen Wan! And yes, am excited to be studying again... who would have thought!:)

No comments: