Friday, February 20, 2009

Communicating Grace

How does one communicate Grace to those who don't know grace, and the awesome wonder of redeeming love. How does one communicate love- a tiny bit of the overwhelming love God has for each of us, to those who don't know love anything like that kind... and then it turns out that there are different kinds of love, and then what happens! In recent months, I have discovered, once again, the awesomeness of what I have been given, the amazing love God has for each and every one of his people- and that discovery has come from him, through so many avenues.

How does one communicate that to others though?? I have discovered a little of the power of God's love for his people as a result, and know, for the most part, it's the tip of the iceberg. Wow, what an amazing privilege. Truly humbling, challenging, rewarding......God is indeed amazing!!!

I am reminded of a few songs.. but this one comes to mind..

MORE THAN A FRIEND
(Jeremy Riddle)

In the quiet
Of my soul
In the stillness
I hear Your voice call
And I am overwhelmed
And I am lost for words
To describe you
Jesus, You're more than a friend
Jesus, You're more than my heart
Could ever express
Your love and Your grace never fail me
Your merciful touch always heals me
You bring joy to my soul


My heart longs to worship
You my King
I long to bring You a pleasing offering
'Cause I am overwhelmed
And I am lost for words
To describe you

c2002 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing

No comments: