Sunday, February 15, 2009

James

So, at church at the moment, we have just started a new series on the Book of James. I think it must be one of the books I have heard most preached on- it was the last sermon series I heard in HK, and we have just started it now at my Sydney church, in particular.

So, going through my bible, I see many little notes, and much underlined. It happens to be one of my favorite books, and I seem to always get more out of it!

One verse that has stood out to me over the last few weeks is James 1:17

Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows.
I love that picture of God's steadfastness, faithfullness and love that is beyond understanding. And look forward to revisiting, and learning more of our awesome God through this book!

No comments: