Sunday, January 10, 2010

Home is.....

This morning I walked into church and something had changed.
I have been listening to the talks online for about 3 years now, and wanted to go there since returning to Sydney 1 1/2years ago. I have often gone to visit but never really felt like I could attend.

This morning, something changed. the talk was on love, family and community- things that are important to me. I felt though that I could go up for prayer, that I could sign up for a welcomers lunch, was happy to catch up with friends, be invited to a bible study and actually feel like it would be great to go!

Smething has change. And while I am back in transit-land again, I am also Home.

Home is where the heart is, home is in God's presence, my heart says here, and so here I am. Home.

There is a bit of a flip side though. There are other places that should be home, but aren't really, but I desperately want them to be. So therein lies the challenge- to bring the concept of Home from one place to another, and not vice versa. I certainly don't have the strength to express and live out that kind of love to others. But God really does, so together, I trust much good will come of it all!

3 comments:

Danielle | Sphere of Din said...

Just stumbled across your blog entry "Home is.." and wanted to let you know that it was very nice to hear that your faith and trust in God is so evident.

If you have a moment, take a look at this scripture: Phil 4:6-8.

Best,

somewhere_smiling said...

:0) hugs :0)

Miwa in HK said...

D- Thanks for the encouragement, and the ref was just right!:)

And Smiles- hugs to you too!:)