Thursday, January 07, 2010

"I am the New Year"


Sorting through some things tonight, I came across this- something I had cut out of a church bulletin, from the beginning of 1999. Good timing:)

I am the new year.
I am an unspoiled page in your book of time.
I am your next chance at the art of living.
I am your opportunity to practice what you have learned
About life during the last twelve months.
All ha you sought and didn’t find is hidden in me, waiting
For you to search it out with more determination.
All the good that you trie for and didn’t achieve is mine to
Grant when you have fewer conflicting desires.
All that you dreamed but didn’t dare to do, all that you
Hoped but did not will, all the faith that you claimed
But did not hve, these slumber lightly, waiting to be
Awakened by the touch of a strong purpose.
I am your oportunty to renew your alliegence to Him who
Said, “behold, I make all things new.”
I am the new year.

No comments: