Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Journey

It's funny what happens, looking forward, looking backwards, different perspectives, decisions.

Last year was such a year of learning new things- in so many areas, I was amazed at how much there was to learn, and there was much to learn quickly. Something I have continued to learn in different and new contexts has been to trust God, but particularly to trust God with relationships, in different ways I continue to be amazed and blessed by how gentle God is, in giving guidance, pointers, and general encouragement along the way.

Anyway, this year, a new start, home, adventures. God has new things, and while its all crazy as the changes keep happening, he has the journey sorted. He knows where the twists and turns are, and God, and me, will be able to make it through.

As the ultimate people pleaser, it has always been super hard to put all those voices, presumptions and apparent expectations aside, and follow the voice of the One who counts best, and most. So, herein lies the challenge. To live each day, listening to God first. Obeying God first.

I love this photo- it is one I took a couple of years ago while in Ireland. I love the twists and turns of the road, and of the unknown adventure of the journey ahead. God knows where the road, and that's totally awesome!


That's my Christmas present to Jesus. The road ahead.

1 comment:

Miwa in HK said...

Thanks Wren! Appreciated:)