Sunday, January 03, 2010

Keeping the main thing main

I went to a memorial service today, for an incredible man I have been sooooo blessed to know. He died way too young, leaving behind a family, and loads of evidence of what is important to him- God, love, relationship, grace, wholeness.

I have often thought about life, and the things that are priorities, and this afternoon's events were a challenge to me, once again. What are the important things? and how do we make the most of our lives to ensure that we keep the main things the main things, rather than let other more immediate and insignificant things take over.

It was packed out, full of people, young and old, friends that had been recent, or life long. There was much spoken of love, and the life changing impact it has had, through him to his family, sons in laws, grandchildren and many, many others (including me!).

So, as the days unfold, it has been challenging to be reminded again to ask myself if I am keeping the main thing the main thing, and living each day for all it's worth for God's glory and love...!

No comments: