Saturday, January 02, 2010

Stepping out

It’s been a tough, tough week this last week, as I, and others very close by reach the end of 2009, and dive into the unknowns of 2010. Home and health have featured highly, with me moving in the next few days, and someone super close to me about to have a major operation. Both aren’t the final destination, and just buy time till more certainty, answers and decisions are reached.

How we have all been feeling through it all has been challenging. For me, I shut down and am super private about my feelings and emotions, hiding them away so that not even I can find them. This is fine for the big emotions that I generally don’t like to feel, like anger, hurt, sadness, but also means that, at times, I can’t tell what I think of a certain kind of music, or a band!

We have been given emotions, and for good reason too! Its ok to feel them, and express them- or it should be! Especially when its appropriate. There are times though when I feel like I go to extremes- of shutting everything off, to expressing them in a rather unrefined manner…

I have learned so much in 2009, and am excited about all that this year has to bring, and am looking forward to seeing God at work in wonderfully amazing ways. I am reminded once again of Ephesians 3:20, and ask that for each of us as we step into the new year, with all that God has for each of us, but that we would each step up to the table, and receive all God has prepared for us!

No comments: