Monday, April 30, 2007

Art, history or Jewelery?

I was out in the city this morning doing a few jobs, and stopped to check out one of the jewelery shops. I realized again, how much I love seeing the new stones and settings, and the amazing beauty in them (well, most anyway!). One thing I loved doing in London was walking through Harrods seeing all the beautiful jewelery, especially the antiques- they are stunning! I love wondering about their story, and the people who have owned throughout the generations. I love the idea of their story and history and don’t really look on them as something I want in particular-more like a wonderful art form using things that God has created.

We don’t have many antique jewelery stores here, so I have to make do with the modern jewelery. I was thinking too about the transition between seeing them in a store, and seeing them, one or any, in my possession and realized again, that for me, I think it’s the process more than the product! I love the idea of having one of those pieces, just one, but I think the idea of having someone who cared enough about me to give me one is much more appealing:) So for now, will enjoy the wonderful art and history that each of these wonderful pieces are!

No comments: