Monday, August 25, 2008

Forgiveness and essays..!:)

I am trying hard to get my head around my assignements that have due dates that are approaching rapidly! I am having fun reading up on the topics and deciding what exactly I am going to write about- though am having issues with all the technical jargon that comes with counselling...!

But anyways! The reason I write here tonight, is forgiveness! I am doing an essay on Forgiveness as related to counselling practice and theory.

So, forgiveness! I have been thinking through what happens when we do, or do not forgive someone, or God even, for something that has happened, whatever it is.

My brainstorming has got me this far, but I wondered if you could help and add some more to the lists...? Feel free to go for your life, would love to hear what you have to say!

But for now, my list is as such:

To forgive:

Freedom
Release
Joy
Wholeness
Can move on with life, relationships, direction, and purpose.
Forgiveness brings life, space for the Fruit of the Spirit to grow!

(Short list.... i know there is much more, but these are pretty encompassing)

NOT to forgive:
Guilt
Anger
Rage
Stress
Destructive relationships
Fester
Eats away at the person, and relationships
Manifests itself in other ways, and relationships
Stuck in the situation, feelings, can’t move on
brokenness
Symptom of other things that aren’t right
Impatience
Un-forgiveness needs something to feed on, takes energy, time, is a downward cycle.
Others suffer for it


I was reminded of what the Bible says about this too, so finish of with some encouragement to all

Ephesians 4:30-32 (NIV)
30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Colossians 3
12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Thanks:)

No comments: