Monday, August 18, 2008

Hasten slowly

For some time now, I have been thinking through what it means to hasten slowly, in its various thoughts and concepts! As I have settled back in, in many ways, I have felt like the brakes have been on, that while I have recognised the pressure that's placed on each of us (inadvertantly) to be busy, busy, busy, I haven't specifically felt overwhelmed with the need to live under that expectation.

Tod Boslinger describes it by saying “We should pay attention to the difference between hastening to what is important, and hurrying after what is not. Between hastening to hug, to care, to forgive and to serve and hurrying around frazzled, distracted and spent. Between being busy as an outward reality and being hurried as an inner state of being.”


I put that in my most recent newsletter, and had some most intriguing responses, which have me continuing to think on the topic, and how long I hav ebeen thinking along these lines, even without realising it. One person wrote back saying ' it is God who leads us but the devil who drives us....so we can distinguish who is behind our motivation if we feel driven (the enemy) or led (God). How cool, is that! And challenging too!!

Anyway, something to keep thinking about!:)

No comments: