Monday, August 04, 2008

Leading by example..

On Sunday at church, the person speaking was sharing about various things, but one thing that was talked about was love. Specifically 1 John 4:19, which says 'we love because he first loved us.'

It reminded me again, of when I became a christian, and how I was taught by the overwhelming and daily example of others, and seeing them love Jesus, and love each other as a result. Through them, I learned about who Jesus really is, and came to know him properly for myself.

It got me thinking about how we all learn best, how children learn through the example of their parents, and those around them, especially when it's stuff that parents don't want their children to pick up..:)

But what happens when people, whoever they are aren't loved first (yes, I know God does love all of us), aren't cared for in a way they understand, who aren't shown the difference between right and wrong.... who is going to come in and show them love, care, joy, compassion, thoughtfullness, grace if someone doesn't first show them to us. How would we know how it feels if we don't have the opportunity to experience it ourselves...? We can hear about it from others, read it in books and the Bible, but till we experience it ourselves...

Something to continue to think about...:)

No comments: