Saturday, October 13, 2007

Amy Charmichael strikes again:)

I was thinking through a few things this morning, and wondering what on earth the answer to any of them was.... then read the daily reading from Amy Charmichael's 'Eedges of his Ways' so write this out as an encouragement to me, but share it here so it's an encouragement to you too!


There are countless promises given to us for times when things are hard. There is one in the Old Testament which, perhaps, lest we should be tempted to fear that it was spoken only or specially to Joshua, the writer of a New Testament book writes as if spoken to himself and to all who read his writings: "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my Helper." I like that "boldly", don't you? We aren't meant to shiver when faced by temptations, but we may look up to Him who conquered the powers of evil when He 'reigned from the Tree." These powers can never say He did not, for He made a show of them openly. We follow a triumphant Christ, and if upon Him is all our reliance, we need never be defeated. Today, from hour to hour, if we look to Him, he can and He will lead us on in triumph.

And if something has to be done that seems quite impossible, the same certainly holds good. Over and over again, I have seen the Lord do the "impossible" things. I think He delights in the impossible, and He delights to meet the faith of one who looks up to Hom and says, "Lord, Thou knowest I cannot, but I believe Thou canst."

No comments: