Saturday, October 20, 2007

Omnipresent yet personal too!:)

Almost exactly a week ago, a fax arrived, and amazingly I saw it, and was completely struck by it, so much so, that instead of doing the sensible, practical logical thing and going to work today (there was a choice- it was a public holiday), 2 friends of mine and I went to a prayer training conference run by Jackie Pullinger with a particular focus on Alpha and the work of the Holy Spirit.

And yup, it was as awesome as we expected and more! It was lovely to be reminded of a whole lot of truths, that God works in and through EACH ONE OF US, not one or two of us, that he gifts each of us, that he speaks clearly, and we can expect to see, hear and watch him at work. There was sooo much to learn and take in, and I am sure I will continue to share about some of the things that happened there (well, I hope so anyway!)

One thing I did want to share now though, is a lesson I have been re-learning recently. I had forgotten this, but it has come back, and continues to come back to me in different ways. It is the reminder that God can and does speak each one of us. He doesn't speak to person A about something to do with person B without their being able to hear it too, and have it confirmed in themselves and their spirits.

I was reminded of this in my life recently, as well as in the word. I read through Ezra last weekend, and how awesome was that! The whole book seemed to be about how God move in his people, large populations of his people to bring them back to His temple to worship him. In Ezra 1, it talks about how God moved the heart of the leader, and his people- so they in turn were moved to go and worship God. Awesome!

This was one of the things that struck me as Jackie shared, that she was clear that if someone speaks a word over us, we will know in our spirits if it is for us, and from the Lord. We can take a word and pray about it, or ponder it, or test it against scripture, or receive it(or give it, if we are the people praying for another) know it is from God and that he loves each of us and speaks to us, yes, each of us. I think we often think that God speaks to 'everyone else' first, but that isn't always the case.

How awesome is our God, that he loves us and entrusts us with his Spirit for his good purpose!

I should add too... it is been something that has brought much peace to many situations recently, knowing that if something is from God, He will speak into all involved in some way- a lovely place to rest in!:) We just need to walk faithfully in what He has given us, and He will sort out the rest! :)

No comments: